Twin City Area Clothing CenterKnown as the "Free Store"
300 West Main Street
Store HoursMonday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Wednesday 12 Noon-6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
- All clothing items, household goods, books and children's items are free.
- Donations accepted—All items must be clean, sorted and useable.
- Please donate during store hours only and no outside drop-offs are allowed.
Twin City Animal Shelter722 East Main Street
605-584-2480 Shelter Phone
605-584-1401 Lead City Hall
605-584-1615 Lead Police Department
605-578-2230 Lawrence County Sheriff
HoursActual shelter hours are random, as it is staffed by volunteers. Please use one of the contact numbers for assistance.
- Financial assistance to spay or neuter pets-Call Sarah at 578-3918 for assistance
- Dog houses
- Cat and dog food
- The TC Animal Shelter is available 365 days a year for abandoned, abused or lost pets.
Twin City Senior Citizens Center609 West Main Street
HoursMondays and Wednesdays 7:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Bingo--Mondays & Wednesdays
- Bridge Club--1st & 3rd Tuesdays 1:00 PM
- Cards (Bridge & Court Whist)--4th Monday
- Potluck--2nd Monday
- Lunch or Dinner (one or the other)--3rd Thursdays 11:00 AM or 4:00 PM
- American Legion--3rd Wednesday 6:00 PM
Ministerial AssociationA local organization that helps the financially impacted and the needy.
Please contact the Lead Police Department for assistance:
605-584-1615 or 605-641-5766 or 605-578-2230
Lord's CupboardFood Pantry and Government Commodities
111 South Main Street
Basement of Trinity United Methodist Church
HoursMonday 9:00 AM-11:30 PM
Thursday 3:00 PM-5:30 PM
Closed all major holidays
Services ProvidedFood and some household necessities/sundries are available to the needy. These items are free. Please call 584-3263 to check eligibility for Government Commodities; please leave a message if calling during off-hours.
All food and monetary donations are accepted; also some household necessities/sundries are always needed. Please check with the staff about needs.
Northern Hills Family Recreation Center845 Miners Avenue
24 Hour Facility Access for Members Only
- Indoor track
- Locker and shower facilities
- Weight room
- Community room
Black Hills Rod and Gun Club288 Washington Street
(next to Twin City Redi-Mix plant)
MeetingsFirst Wednesdays every month, 7:00 PM
Contact: Dennis Schumacher 641-5494
A local organization that promotes responsible hunting and fishing, gun safety and hunting safety and training. This organization is open to all interested parties and the building is always available for rental.